Monday 14 September 2015

Try Again Tomorrow....

Good Evening Internet Friends!

Growing up I used to think that having a teacher for a mom was the worst thing EVER!  Every test, homework assignment, and school project was graded multiple times; you just didn't get to be a kid.  

Well, I am beginning to think that if I were to ask my son about his mom, he might tell you that having Registered Nurse for a mom is the worst!  Since he had not vomited for 8 hours last night I sent him to school this morning.  I am of the belief that if you got sick at school from your classmate's germs etc.,  your germs might as well all fight it out together.  Just think of the immunity you can get!  It's a little early in the season for a gastro bug as well so I can only assume that since he is attending a new school his body has some learning of new germs to get used to.  Anyways, at lunch I got the dreaded call that he had vomited again and that he had been sent to the sick room.

This afternoon while he slept on my lap on the couch I decided to do some knitting.  Just because I have decided that one can never have too much yarn I joined Yarn Crush.  Last month I received a wonderful skein of Sweet Georgia yarn (part of the reason I joined) and a pattern for a very elaborate shawl.  After having stared at this pattern for almost a month, today was the day to get started.  Here is my progress:

So far I have 12 rows of this completed.  To be completely honest, this pattern is not easy.  I have been knitting since I was 8 years old and and it took me a few attempts to get this correct.  I am using the corrected version of the pattern but even so there is no mention in the pattern that the center stitch must always be knitted.  

Now it is off to bed time, and we will try again tomorrow to get through the school day ☺

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment