Friday 13 November 2015

Buzzing Around All Week....

Good Evening Internet Friends!

By now most of you know that I am a Registered Nurse and that I hold a couple of specialty certifications that keep me in demand daily as well as for a little thing known as overtime.  Over the past few years I have worked way too many hours of this and yes it has taken a toll on my family, but we have rolled with it.  I have done it to make sure that I hold up not only my professional obligations, but I also do it to try and match hubby's income contributions.  I realize that I am very fortunate to have a husband who has allowed me to work part time to raise our son at the cost of him often working away from home.  

Why is this of importance to a crafting blog???  Well, it has come to my attention of late that both the provincial and federal government for whom I did not vote for are planning to tax further individual's in certain income brackets of which not only hubby will fall, but all of my overtime puts me there as well.  So, I have made the decision to work my current part time FTE which means I suddenly have a lot more ME time!!!

Today I finished the cards for my swap at the Stampin' Up Onstage Event that I will be attending tomorrow:

I had fun making these and enjoyed spending time in my craft room.

After I finished these I took the puppy for a walk and then met my son at the bus stop.

On the radio this morning I heard that Johnny Reid was doing an acoustic performance at West Edmonton Mall this evening.   My son loves singing along to Johnny Reid in the car and so off we went to see the performance (he's not the only one to sing along, I had to download the new song today and listened to it probably a hundred times today).  The performance was pretty cool and a really neat experience as the only instrument present was the piano.  As someone with a Grade 8 Royal Conservatory of Music certificate this was just beautiful ☺ ♫

Leaving the mall we stopped at Williams-Sonoma as there was a sale that included the Gold Touch Half Sheet Pan set which I just HAD to have (remember it was on sale). 

We also stopped at Rocky Mountain Soap and picked up Vanilla Candy Cane soap, shower gel, lip butter, body butter (for me) and a couple of the gift packs for Christmas presents.  Every year I am scrambling to get this product, so this year I am stocked up before Christmas.

Now, off to bed for the big day tomorrow!

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

1 comment: