Sunday 28 February 2016

Eastbound and Down

Good Evening Internet Friends.

Last evening kiddo and I took hubby out for dinner to celebrate his birthday earlier in the week.  We had planned to go to Red Lobster but upon arrival the place was PACKED and the lineup was literally out the door.  We went to the Olive Garden.  We did have to wait, but not as long.  

It was just before 9 pm when we got out.  I started the drive home, kiddo was stuffed with pasta as was hubby and the Yellowhead seemed to be calling.  It has been a long time since I just went for a no purpose drive.  So as my passengers dozed off on me the Go Go Go Toyota with a full tank of gas and I were Eastbound and Down.  

I drove east as far as the Mundare turn off about 45 minutes from home before turning around because I decided to be responsible.  For some reason I just needed to get out of the city and feel the open highway and space.  Being free on the open highway at night with the stars shining seemed to put things in perspective for me for that time.  

Today I did some housework, laundry and made lasagna for dinner.  Should make a couple of dinners this week as well.

This afternoon I took a bit of time to myself and did some knitting:

Tried it on to see how it fits.  I chose to just do a plain back rather than the elaborate stitching on the back as I have skinny feet and ankles.  Glad I did because with the pattern on the front and only 60 stitches these socks are a wee bit loose!

Hubby and kiddo are off to the Oilers game so I am home alone.  Something seems wrong....the house is way too quiet.

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment