Friday 6 May 2016

I have the BEST job in the world!

Good Evening Internet Friends.  

I think I may have mentioned this in the past but I love being a Registered Nurse; I truly have the best job in the world.  

Upon arrival at work on Wednesday morning I was told I had 20 minutes to pack bags with everything I thought I might need to run a nursing station at the Northlands Evacuation Center.  At 0902 hours I was on site with all the Diabetes stuff including insulin and needles I could stuff in bags, gauze, bandages, hand sanitizer, gloves and a thermometer and blood pressure cuff.  The rest would arrive as I called in what I needed.

I have spent the the last 3 days there providing Registered Nursing Care.  I have been there so long that people I treated on Wednesday returned with their friends to register today and recognized me!  Although I feel physically exhausted from the long hours of standing I realize I cannot complain, my patient's have it way harder than I do and no matter how long a 16 hour day may seem to me I am not working anywhere as hard as the forest fire fighters.  I will be back there next week. 

My Yarn Crush order finally arrived today!!!  Two weeks in transit from Ontario to Alberta.  Seriously....I could have driven there and back in less time.  I think it went on a tour again....had been arriving on time for a few months now so I guess it was time for one to go on vacation again.


Not exactly sure what I will do with this box.....yellow yarn????

As a side joke I have been able to tell my family that I am drinking Labatt's while at the Evacuation Center.  This is funny because I do not drink and secondly doing that at work????  This is why:

The evacuees and those of us on the front lines have been given this as a water source!  It's actually quite funny to open a can of water!

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

1 comment:

  1. I saw those cans on FB!! LOL! I'm sure those people appreciate your expertise. I sure feel for them.........

    ReplyDelete