Monday 2 May 2016

Nothing to See....

Good Late Evening Internet Friends!

Well the weekend is over and I survived my first weekend back and being in charge!  Had been on a "leave" for the past six months from this part of my rotation as I am very fortunate to have managers that understand that sometimes life throws curve balls at you that are unexpected.  I survived as did all of the patients ☺  Today of course I was very tired.

I also had my Diabetes Eye Exam scheduled for today.  This year I was smart enough not to plan it first thing in the morning and have my eyes blurry all day and accomplish nothing.

I got kiddo ready for school.  Took the dog out for a quick walk and then went to Costco to pick up flowers for my baskets and flower beds:
TAH DAH!!!

Then since hubby was home he took me to my appointment.  That was awesome.  Usually I arrange for a friend to meet me for lunch at the hospital cafeteria to waste time after the appointment isnce I cannot see clearly, take a nap in one of the patient/family visiting rooms, walk over to the mall and then late in the afternoon when the vision returns proceed home before rush hour traffic.

After my appointment we went for lunch at the Cheesecake Cafe.  YUMMY.

Arriving home I thought maybe I could do some knitting.....NOPE.  Will be fixing a mess tomorrow.  

For dinner I made honey mustard blueberry chicken, steamed carrots and roasted garlic parsnip mashed potatoes:

I thought it was delicious as did the family.

I marinated the chicken breasts in honey mustard.  Baked until the internal temp was 74 Celsius and then covered with a blue berry sauce.  The blueberry sauce is 1/2 cup Dried Blueberries and about 2 T of water mixed together and brought to a boil before spooning over the chicken and put back in the oven for about 15 minutes.

Later this evening the vision cleared enough for me to do a bit of quilting.  I worked on sewing the rows together for my latest rag quilt:

TAH DAH!

Now I should probably go to sleep as tomorrow is errand day as I am back to day shifts for the rest of the week.

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment