Saturday 11 June 2016

It's Raining...It's Pouring...

Good Evening Internet Friends!

Woke up to the rain that had been forecast this morning.  Kid and I decided it was a day to just stay in doors and home!  That is exactly what we did!

We had oatmeal with fresh blueberries for breakfast and watched Saturday morning cartoons while we ate it.

Then I decided to make Cottage Cheese Dill bread (used the last of the left over cottage cheese in the refrigerator) for lunch:

While the dough was rising I decided that I would clean the living room; dust and orange oil the blinds, wash the windows and sills, dust and wood oil the furniture, oil the leather furniture, vacuum everywhere and wood wash the floors!  My son thought I was nuts and so he decided to "escape.  I suggested he might want to clean his room before I decided to clean it....well, this is what occurred...

Budderball is still wearing his leis.

The bread turned out great:


After lunch I spent the time cleaning up the craft room and organizing things.

Right now I am working on the Star Block Challenge from A Needle Pulling Thread Quilt Shop.  I think it is week 23 currently so today I made Block 3 (a little behind I know).  The good news is that these blocks go together fairly quickly and I organized my scraps into one space for these blocks today:

I love these challenge quilts because they are easy enough to not get overwhelmed with when you work, have extracurricular activities for both you and kid, have a husband who works away from home 2 weeks at a time, and have all the mundane things like dinner, lunches and laundry to deal with.  The quilts are always really pretty and that makes me happy!

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment