Monday 18 July 2016

Cooking in the Camper

Good Evening Internet Friends.

We are currently at the first campground of our vacation.  My son woke up telling me there were Saskatoon berries outside his window.  Behold!   There was.  Over the past 2 days I have picked 2 ice cream pails of Saskatoon berries!  As of this evening they are all washed and packed 1 cup portions in the freezer.

We have also had Saskatoon berry pancakes for the past 2 mornings:

Before we left the farm with the trailer I raided the garden:

Zucchini, purple mustard, lettuce, beet leaves and green onions.   I have been on a purple mustard kick thus summer and so for dinner tonight we had a salad with all these leaves and some tomato and cucumber :
Yummy.

Finally.....this afternoon I decided to use up the last if the beet leaves by making beet leaf buns.  It took some adjustments to figure out how the oven in the trailer works but as of this evening I have managed to bake beet leaf buns in trailer!

Tomorrow morning we will be packing up and heading off to other fun.

Hope this inspires your own creativity...
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment