Wednesday 31 August 2016

Back to School Eve...

Good Evening Internet Friends!

Well, it is almost 2200 hours and the house is quiet once again.  The back pack is hung by the door with new shoes, binder, pencils you name it.  The lunch box is on the cupboard and the refrigerator is stocked for back to school lunches tomorrow.  The new clothes have been washed and are in the dryer already to be worn tomorrow ☺

I am always sad on the first day of school but this year as I watch my baby get ready for Grade 7 I am a little more sad.....where did the time go......???

This morning before he got up (I let him sleep in one last day) I spent a bit of time in my Craft Room because it is quasi clean.  For the past few weeks I have noticed that Hello Kitty spends an inordinate amount of time in front of the dishwasher....could the dust bunnies really be that big for him to be hunting them.....?  After taking out the trash I decided that I would dig around down and behind the water lines under the sink and see what I could see.  HOLY HANNA, I found the motherload of mouse droppings!  I HATE mice, I am not scared of them, I just find them to be vile and disgusting creatures that should not be in my house.

After cleaning that up with more cleaner than necessary I decided to go investigate my craft room as Hello Kitty also likes to site and peer under my sewing desk.  Oh horror, could there be a mouse in there as well?  I took absolutely everything out of my craft room, vacuumed, dusted and washed the floors and thankfully NO sign of mouse ☺  After everything was put away the whole room looked organized "sew" this morning I took some time for me and worked on a Quilt Kit that I requested:  

There will one more navy and white stripe sets at the base of this quilt below the red and a few more at what is the top of the quilt.  It will be 80" x 80" of a flannel quilt that I intend to back with Navy Minky.

Since I have not linked up recently with The Needle and Thread Network and their Work In Progress Wednesday I will hop over there now and see what all everyone is making at this time of year!

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Flannel and minky = comfy cozy :) Back to school...haven't had to worry about that for many years now. The only person going back to school is my DIL who is a teacher. I think she's looking forward to it...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Mice!
    Some good came from your discovery... an organisation.

    I'm lovin' "Kathy's Quilt". Please keep us posted!

    Thank you for posting to TN&TN's WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete