Friday 2 September 2016

Scandi 3; Block 2...

Good Evening Internet Friends!

I am still on vacation until Tuesday!  Snce it was raining today and I was a little worried about getting stuck in the mud at the farm and having to deal with locking the hubs and all that to mud in, my friend and I went on a fabric acquisition road trip!


After dinner this evening I worked on my Block Number 2 of the Scandi 3 quilt.   
It is a very pretty quilt and I thought I would share with you some of the things that I have been doing to make sure this quilt turns out as beautiful as it should.

When sewing angles together in quilting I will start by putting my needle into the needle down position and place the fabrics to that the edge aligns with the edge of my 1/4 foot:

I will usually use my Tupperware Orange Peeler to adjust the top fabric to be in perfect position on the lower fabric so both pieces align with the 1/4" edge of the foot ☺

Once pressed I get a unit that looks like this:

TAH DAH!!!  Easy Peasy...

Tonight I also diligently used my rulers and did a little better at obtaining more perfect corners and I will show you how I manged that tomorrow:

I present you Block 2 of the Scandi 3 Quilt.  In total I will make four of these blocks before proceeding on the the next color ☺

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the mention Kathy! Isn't that purple Thang just so handy. Always keep them stocked for my customers! It's the extra long finger we all need when sewing and the 1/4 flat section at the one end of the Thang allows us to keep corners turned perfectly as well as to keep an eye on the width of our 1/4 inch seams. And the Scandi fabric from 4 Paws Quilting is so beautiful. You are doing a fantastic job and anxiously look forward to seeing the next segment!

    ReplyDelete