Sunday 25 September 2016

Sunday Funday!

Good Evening Internet Friends!

Kiddo and I have had a restful weekend.  We slept in, and did what we wanted.  We did not even use the automobile even once this weekend!!!  YAY us.

Yesterday I decided to finally put the binding on my "comfort" quilt.  This is a quilt from my most favorite quilt store: The Quilt Patch.  

I brought it home and placed it on the very end runner of my sleigh bed and there it sat until I got my corneal scratch this summer.  Drugged out on pain killers in bed I pulled this quilt over me and had a great sleep.

 Fast forward about 10 days and after being once again drugged for the world's largest kidney stone (not really exaggerating) I was  again discovered sleeping under the unfinished quilt ☺

Yesterday I decided to put on the binding.  Very early this morning I went to sleep after getting the binding on.  This morning I took pictures:

TAH DAH!!!  There is the quilt in all it's glory on my sitting room sofa.  ☺




Side borders....


The tan block centers all look like this.


The checkered squares look like this. 


Between my applique is free handed these neat little vines!!!!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this quilt, and since I have already been drugged under it I know it is a cozy sleeping quilt! ☺

Yesterday afternoon kiddo and I walked the dog almost 5 miles through the River Valley.  Today we made almost 8 miles.  Kiddo and Dog slept well last night and I suspect tonight as well:

One of the many sets of stairs in the River Valley.


The trees looked amazing today ☺


A boy and his dog enjoying the day!

Hope you all had a wonderful relaxing weekend and that this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment