Saturday 22 October 2016

Abracadabra!

Good Evening Internet Friends!

It's that magical time of year where everything gets to turn into something it's not by donning a costume.

As you have already witnessed through my blog the garden was bountiful this year.  Plus I was provided with 2 boxes of tomatoes.....I now have just over 200 lbs of tomatoes in my possession.  Seriously.

I have spread all these out on newspaper under the spare bed in the basement to keep from ripening too quickly.  However, they are ripening just a wee bit quicker than I would like what with all the other things I have on my schedule to accomplish ☺

This evening after kiddo and I got home from selling Scouts Popcorn, I started in earnest on the tomatoes.

As of a few minutes ago I am the owner  of 7 1/2 pints of green tomato jam!  This is where the magic comes in; by putting green tomatoes through the food processor and adding a bit of sugar and some Strawberry Jello I have Strawberry Jam!  If only I could wave my wand and make it appear...

Tomorrow will be Salsa and Tomato Sauces!  I am hoping there is still room in the freezer so that I can just put the jars in there and not have to can them to save time......but there is already a lot of vegetables, a half a beef I got from a friend and a basket full of bison from home as well.  Guess I won't put the canner away this evening ☺

Now off to knit for a bit and see if I can actually sleep in tomorrow and get a full four hours of sleep.

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment