Thursday 5 January 2017

Flock of Geese Week One

Good Evening Internet Friends!

For those of you that have followed my blog for a while you will know that there are certain things that I always do, even if I do not finish them on time.  One of those things is participating in the yearly challenge offered by A Needle Pulling Thread quilt shop.  

Three years ago I made a churn dash block challenge quilt, although to be honest I do not know where this quilt is right now.....I am certain that I put the borders on it, but now I cannot find it.  Should probably organize my craft room.

Last year was the Star Block Challenge of which you will know I am still building slowly but surely.

In typical Kathy fashion though I have decided to embrace a new project!!!!  This year is the Flock of Geese Challenge.  I am proud of myself that I have as of this evening completed Week One and have two blocks ready for Week Two!!!!


TAH DAH!!!!  What I really love about these blocks is that since the block finished size is 6" I get to use scraps to make these blocks.  This is the third year that I am hoping to make an entire quilt (except for borders) out of scrap fabric!!!!  Plus, I love the look of these quilts as they have a comfortable feel to them.  Like a quilt should.  ☺

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

1 comment:

  1. I wondered if you were going to do this one too! I should have known! LOL Looks great and I can't wait to see your progress.....no I am not doing it too! :P

    ReplyDelete