Monday 4 September 2017

??? Bedtime????

Good Evening Internet Friends.

Well things in my house are back to normal I guess.  I am writing my blog post in a completely quiet house.  My son is in bed and asleep, the dogs are both on pillows at the foot of the bed and fast asleep.  Not quite sure what to do with myself.  It's like the circus just left town with no wrap up....

Tomorrow morning should prove interesting as none of them wake before 1000 hours of late 🤣

Today we got school supplies, back packs and lunch bags and containers all ready to go.

For lunch I made Oven Baked Pickles (much easier than the clean up with the deep fryer).  

In case you are wondering how I made these.....well....no recipe so here goes:

I used a jar of my homemade dill pickles and cut into 1/4" slices

Dipped the pickle slices in flour

Dipped the floured pickle slices in a beaten egg 

Dipped the floured, and egged pickle slices in crumbs (I used about a handful of flaked rice cereal, croutons), a heaping tablespoon of ground flax seed for good measure, a heaping tablespoon of the dill I dried a few weeks ago.

Placed on SILPAT and placed in the oven at 425 for about 20 minutes.  

I made some ranch dip while these were baking and it was a fabulous day before school lunch 🍲

My hand was feeling a little better today so very slowly I cast off the knitted insert for the Knitting Mugs with Biscotte Yarns:

All I can say is J'adore!  These really and truly are my favourite sock yarns and I super excited that River City Yarns has them in stock 😼

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment