Tuesday 31 October 2017

Mouse Trap...

Good Evening Internet Friends!

It has been a crazy busy weekend and this is the first time since Saturday evening that I have spent any time at all in my craft room.

I have the privilege in living in an older neighborhood and that means big yards with mature trees.  It also means that when the city does remember that we also pay taxes and our infrastructure needs repair they spend all summer digging up the area.  One of the side effects of that was the disturbance of a bzillion mice!!!!  

The pesky critter(s) have made their way into my house!  I CANNOT stand mice.  I have tried every device from the home improvement store and nothing worked other than the tri-fold glue tent that the mouse got partly stuck in so took it with him!  I am missing a glue trap and there were disgusting tiny glue foot prints all across the floor until I lost the trail on a different flooring surface.

Very early Monday morning I decided that I need to resort to the only effective solution to mouse control.  

The smallest one was Madeline, she was not afraid of mice.  

Meet Madeline, named after one of my favorite book characters who is not afraid of mice.

We brought Madeline home last night.  Almost immediately she was tracking and she has spent a ridiculous amount of time investigating the sump pump area of the basement where I thought the entry portal for the critters might just be.  She has been in the house just over 24 hours and I as SUPER pleased to say........no signs of mice 🐭 

That meant that this evening I could spend some time in my craft room and make:

Another block for the Star Block Challenge that I started almost 2 years ago!

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment